Custody, access and guardianship

When a decision regarding custody, guardianship and/or access needs to be made, the court may ask the Child Care and Protection Board to carry out an investigation into the living conditions, the financial and social situation and the educational capacities of the parent living abroad.

We have the possibilities to organise both this social assessment abroad and its report. A written request to carry out such an assessment can be submitted by the Child Care and Protection Board or the Youth Care Agency.

In the request you need to supply information about the persons involved and their backgrounds as well as about your reasons for making it. Your request may also include specific questions. The investigator abroad will try to answer them as fully as possible.